More about The Beeswax Wrap Co. – Beeswax Wrap One Metre Roll
The Beeswax Wrap Co. signature reusable and self-sealing beeswax wraps, now in a size to suit you!
1 Metre x 35cm
If you’re looking for an easy way to introduce beeswax wraps into your home, this Beeswax Wrap One Metre Roll is the perfect addition to your kitchen. This easy-to-use, beeswax wrap roll can be unrolled and cut off wherever you might like; so you can wrap all different shapes and sizes, just like cling film – but without the plastic!
To use, simply cut off your desired size of wrap with a pair of sharp scissors, and then place your wrap over, under, or around whatever you’d like to store using the heat of your hands to release the naturally adhesive seal. This beeswax cling film wrap can then be washed with cold water and dishwashing soap before being stored and used again for a year or more.
Available in Meadow or Sail print options, you will receive one roll of beeswax wrap that measures 100cm x 35cm. Perfect for keeping food fresh, covering bowls and plates, baking, on-the-go, and more.
Proudly handmade using consciously sourced materials and larger than other wraps on the market, our wraps will last for up to a year and can be rewaxed to last even longer, saving up to 300 metres of cling film from landfill every year.
Reusable for up to a year, clean by hand washing in cold water with a mild dishwashing soap and a sponge or brush. Hang to dry and store folded in a drawer or rolled in a jar until next time.
Do not use with raw fish or meat, and avoid all contact with heat including microwaves and ovens.
Long Term Care of Wax Wraps
These wraps are very versatile and will last for up to a year with the right care.
As you use your wraps more and more, their texture will change and small marks and creases will appear. This isn’t a sign to get rid and start again, it just means it’s time to refresh them.
Refreshing & Rescuing your Wraps
Are they ashamedly presenting you with a four-month-old vegan wax wrap with the sandwich still inside?
Are your wraps looking floppy and, let’s face it, a little sad?
Follow these handy tutorials to revitalise and refresh your wraps and make them as good as new!
The Electric Oven Method
- Pre-heat the oven to 60 degrees (for fire safety please make sure your oven is electric and not gas!)
- Line a large oven tray with a sheet of baking paper and pop the wrap onto the baking paper
- Pop in your oven for 3-4 minutes, keeping a close eye on the wrap the whole time
- When wax is melted and wrap is soft, take out of the oven, lift the wrap and waft until cooled
The Iron Method
- Turn your iron on high with the steam function off
- Cover your ironing board with a large tea towel and large sheet of baking paper
- Place wrap on baking paper and add another sheet of baking paper on top
- Move iron around wrap until all the wax has melted
- When finished, remove the baking paper, lift the wrap and waft until cooled
Sail, Meadow, Soar