More about The Vegan Wax Wrap Co. – National Trust Autumn Leaves Print Vegan Wax Wraps
The Vegan Wax Wrap Co have proudly expanded their collection of Vegan Wax Wraps in collaboration with the National Trust.
Illustrated by the talented Melanie Selstom and made exclusively for the National Trust, the collection showcases pollinators and wildflowers found throughout the UK during the autumn and winter months.
Handmade from organic jojoba oil, pine resin, GMO free and sumac wax, sunflower wax, rice bran wax and hydrogenated castor oil. We also use GOTs certified organic cotton and organic dyes.
A proportion of sales from every pack goes directly to the National Trust, supporting their bee conservation work looking after nature, beauty and history for everyone, for ever.
Reusable for up to a year, clean by hand washing in cold water with a mild dishwashing soap and a sponge or brush. Hang to dry and store folded in a drawer or rolled in a jar until next time.
Do not use with raw fish or meat, and avoid all contact with heat including microwaves and ovens.
Long Term Care of Wax Wraps
These wraps are very versatile and will last for up to a year with the right care.
As you use your wraps more and more, their texture will change and small marks and creases will appear. This isn’t a sign to get rid and start again, it just means it’s time to refresh them.
Refreshing & Rescuing your Wraps
Are they ashamedly presenting you with a four-month-old vegan wax wrap with the sandwich still inside?
Are your wraps looking floppy and, let’s face it, a little sad?
Follow these handy tutorials to revitalise and refresh your wraps and make them as good as new!
The Electric Oven Method
- Pre-heat the oven to 60 degrees (for fire safety please make sure your oven is electric and not gas!)
- Line a large oven tray with a sheet of baking paper and pop the wrap onto the baking paper
- Pop in your oven for 3-4 minutes, keeping a close eye on the wrap the whole time
- When wax is melted and wrap is soft, take out of the oven, lift the wrap and waft until cooled
The Iron Method
- Turn your iron on high with the steam function off
- Cover your ironing board with a large tea towel and large sheet of baking paper
- Place wrap on baking paper and add another sheet of baking paper on top
- Move iron around wrap until all the wax has melted
- When finished, remove the baking paper, lift the wrap and waft until cooled
Two Pack, Three Pack