More about The Vegan Wrap Co. – DIY Vegan Wax Wrap Kits
Introducing, Vegan Wax Wrap DIY Kits! These clever kits include everything you need (apart from an iron!) to make three medium vegan wax wraps from scratch.
Perfect for anyone who loves crafting, wants to make their own food wraps, or as a creative Christmas gift, these kits are easy to use and create three long-lasting wraps.
If you’ve always wanted to make-your-own vegan wax food wraps, you’re in the right place!
3 x organic cotton fabric squares with pinked edges in our keep it fresh fabric, 30 x 30cm
3 x vegan blend bars, made with organic jojoba oil, pine resin and GMO free and UK sourced sumac wax, sunflower wax, rice bran wax and hydrogenated castor oil
2 x sheets of baking paper, 35 x 35cm
1 x organic cotton canvas tea towel with instructions printed on
Reusable for up to a year, clean by hand washing in cold water with a mild dishwashing soap and a sponge or brush. Hang to dry and store folded in a drawer or rolled in a jar until next time.
Do not use with raw fish or meat, and avoid all contact with heat including microwaves and ovens.
Long Term Care of Wax Wraps
These wraps are very versatile and will last for up to a year with the right care.
As you use your wraps more and more, their texture will change and small marks and creases will appear. This isn’t a sign to get rid and start again, it just means it’s time to refresh them.
Refreshing & Rescuing your Wraps
Are they ashamedly presenting you with a four-month-old vegan wax wrap with the sandwich still inside?
Are your wraps looking floppy and, let’s face it, a little sad?
Follow these handy tutorials to revitalise and refresh your wraps and make them as good as new!
The Electric Oven Method
- Pre-heat the oven to 60 degrees (for fire safety please make sure your oven is electric and not gas!)
- Line a large oven tray with a sheet of baking paper and pop the wrap onto the baking paper
- Pop in your oven for 3-4 minutes, keeping a close eye on the wrap the whole time
- When wax is melted and wrap is soft, take out of the oven, lift the wrap and waft until cooled
The Iron Method
- Turn your iron on high with the steam function off
- Cover your ironing board with a large tea towel and large sheet of baking paper
- Place wrap on baking paper and add another sheet of baking paper on top
- Move iron around wrap until all the wax has melted
- When finished, remove the baking paper, lift the wrap and waft until cooled